This smart looking purse is easy to make and very functional. The inside is lined, exposed inside seams are trimmed and zigzagged for a clean finish. The purse features a back pocket. Use any standard zipper and find out how easy it is to put a zipper in using Lazy Girl's trademark easy zipper technique. This pattern is a 'Fat Quarter Cutie' and can be made from fat quarter cuts of fabric.
Fabric recommendations: The entire bag is made from just two fabrics. Choose two coordinating fat quarters and find some fantastic buttons and ribbons to decorate the front of the purse.
Keeping in the Lazy Girl tradition, this project is quick and easy and offers a place to embellish and personalize.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
- Straight Stitch, and Zig Zag Stitch Required.
- An even-feed or walking foot may be helpful.
- This project is designed to be made using 100% quilting cottons.
- Rotary cut or use included pattern pieces.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Approximately 7" x 9"
- Zipper - One 12" Zipper, polyester, all-purpose, in a coordinating color. You will sew over the zipper teeth in this project, so do not use a metal zipper.
- Batting - one piece at 8" x 10" Dreamy Fleece (fusible or sew-in) by Sew Lazy. - Items for Decoration - Several buttons 3/4" or larger. No-shank preferred.
- Fabric - Two Coordinating Fat Quarters (18" x 22") of Fabric or One 1/2 Yd + One 1/4 Yd from two 42" wide fabrics.