Dubby 2 is a Max4Live device for Ableton Live which emulates a hardware ‘dub siren’, frequently used in dub reggae and other musical genres. It features 3 oscillator types, 2 customisable LFOs, an authentic sounding dub delay and a 'Dirt' dial for added grittiness. It comes with 19 classic preset sounds as well as 13 empty preset slots to store your own sounds.
It is fully compatible with Push 2 and each of the parameters are accessible directly from Push 2's dials. You can also easily map any of the parameters to any other MIDI controller.
It also comes with a template for TouchOSC which allows you to control it from your touchscreen device (TouchOSC for iOS / Android required).
A standalone version of Dubby 2 is also available here: https://gum.co/dubby2_standalone
Ableton Live Suite (with Max4Live)
Push 2 or MIDI Controller (optional)
Check out the following video for all the recent changes: https://youtu.be/ES6opzDaPMM
- Added 2 new LFO shapes: Ramp Down and Ramp Up, used for generating ‘Lickshot’ style sounds.
- On the Start dial, you can now set any starting point in the LFO’s phase, instead of just low and high.
- Fixed LFO’s square wave polarity. Now moves between 0 and 1, rather than -1 and 0.
- Fixed LFO’s sine wave when set to low Pitch and high Range settings. Pitch now no longer drops ‘below’ zero Hz, creating a ‘double wave’.
- Changed Range and Speed dials from linear to exponential, allowing for much higher top ranges and finer control over low ranges.
- Added 3 new presets demonstrating the new LFO shapes. Tip: use the Speed dial on these presets for ‘Lickshot’ effects.
Other things I’ve made:
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.