For your film to make a profit, every dollar you invest in cast and crew has to earn far more than a dollar from distribution.
Bruce Nash (founder of The-Numbers.com) is one of the leading film analytics experts in the world. Producers rely on his "comp reports" and on his bankability reports to help pick their actors, directors, cinematographers, editors, designers, etc. They use his reports to ensure their films will make a profit, and to persuade investors to put money into their projects.
It is worth noting that smart investors and studios also work with him to find out if films will generate a profit, and distributors work with him to determine if, when, and how they will distribute films they acquire.
In this pair of video interviews you learn exactly how Nash film analytic reports use budget, genre, and other parameters to determine:
- how much a film is likely to earn in distribution based on comparable films
- when the revenue is likely to be generated
- where the revenue will be generated
and how to build a film a production team that you and your financiers can believe in using Nash bankability reports that provide:
- lists of bankable actors for up to six key roles
- lists of bankable crew member options up to six positions including director, line producer, cinematographer, UPM, editor, sound designer, sound engineer, etc.
These "selection lists" give you the names of dozens of appropriate candidates that have proven their value to distributors and investors alike by producing multiple films at your budget and in your genre that make a profit.
If you want to be able to demonstrate you've made the best cast and crew choices for your project, and you want your film analytics/comps to indicate you are on track to create a great film for audiences and a profitable film for investors, you will find this set of resources important.
In this pair of recorded workshops, you learn:
- What cast and crew “bankability” is and why it is a critical factor for successful filmmakers
- Why the most bankable actor for one film won’t be the most bankable actor for another
- How bankable writers, production crew, and post production pros can be very low cost and very high value investments for smart indie producers
- Why bankability calculations vary based upon planned distribution strategy
- Why bankability matters more not less at lower budgets
- What friendly distributors, sales agents, and casting directors can’t tell you about your casting choices
- Why savvy investors and smart producer value film analytics and bankability calculations
- How film analytics, comp reports, and bankability calculations can help you make the most of your budget while raising the value of your film.
- When to ask for film analytics and custom bankability calculations during the development process.
- Why playing “money ball” for film projects reduces anxiety and creates new opportunities
This resource is critical if you are currently working to produce a feature film, documentary, or web series. It helps you master critical skills and gives you key insights that will make producing and funding your projects easier.
If you have questions about this workshop, please email email@example.com.
Looking for testimonials, check out www.nancyfultonmeetups.com. You'll also find a list of upcoming events.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.