For application upon the Heinz Dziurowitz ("HD") DC-3 add-on aircraft for X-Plane 10 and 11, this livery depicts the real-life paint job worn by the Douglas VC-47H serial numbered 12780 while in service with the United States Army around 1965.
* X-Plane 10 or 11
* A legal copy of HD's DC-3, available from: http://store.x-plane.org/Douglas-DC-3_p_66.html
* Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move files and folders
* An app/program for editing text files with a built-in search or search-and-replace function
* An app/program capable of viewing PDF (Public Domain Format) files, such as...
* Adobe Acrobat Reader DC available from: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
* Preview (installed by default on all Mac computers), described at: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2506
* Access (via a registered account) to http://forums.x-plane.org in order to download a software patch that will update the HD DC-3 for use in X-Plane 11. Acquisition and application of this patch is discussed in a later document.
* The included documentation will instruct you on how to install the contents of this package
* Make the adjustments necessary to accomodate the visual and Normal files included in this package for X-Plane 10
* Guide you on acquiring and implementing a software patch that will correct some legacy issues that are realized when using the HD DC-3 in X-Plane 11
See the accompanying text files for lists of other X-Plane add-ons developed by SimSmith.
Want to make your own liveries for the Heinz Dziurowitz DC-3?
* For users of GIMP, visit https://gum.co/fKSgN
* For Photoshop users, see https://gum.co/rdnBj
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with or endorsed by Heinz Dziurowitz or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package are not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from the developer of this package.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact Heinz Dziurowitz or Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith package.
* Support requests should be sent by PM or via e-mail to email@example.com.