This Toolkit is an ongoing project and will see additions and revisions as Geometry Nodes develops. Current version (v0.3) is tested in Blender 2.93 (build from April 5th) - if you have trouble, ensure you're on a build from after that date.
The Toolkit contains more advanced tools created for Geometry Nodes workflows. For v0.1, the primary focus of the Toolkit was on camera culling and LOD tools. Since v0.2 we can also generate points procedurally so there are a lot of new nodes to provide advanced arrays and instancing.
Introduced with v0.3 is a simple addon which adds a menu category for the nodes. Install this and point it to the directory you keep the toolkit in to have easy access to the nodes all the time.
Camera Culling allows us to automatically optimise an instance-heavy scene as we can restrict instances only to the area within view of the camera.
LODs (Levels of Detail) allow us to further optimise a scene by reducing the visual fidelity of distant meshes. The LOD tools in this pack give controls over distance limits for different LOD meshes.
The generator nodes introduced in v0.2 allow for much more complex positioning of instances which we can push into areas such as architectural form finding and motion graphics.
Instructions on installation, explanations of all the node sockets and examples of use can be found in the documentation.
- Minor fix for culling when the instancer object is translated - no longer offsets the culling region.
- Changed Invert and Extend to Camera? inputs from float to boolean.
- Minor for LOD node when the instancer object is translated - no longer offsets the LOD distance.
- v0.2 update! 21 new nodes added and node naming convention changed to ETK_ prefix.
- Existing nodes streamlined and updated.
- v0.2.2 minor update. Updated generator nodes to accommodate the updated Primitve Nodes - effects BRICK STRAIGHT and BRICK ARC.
- Added Fac ouputs to all generators. Documentation isn't updated but the Fac should be clear what it refers to on each node, outputs a 0-1 range.
- v0.3 update! Added a further 9 node groups and updated many of the existing groups.
- Updated the documentation to cover all changes since v0.2 and provide an additional use example.
The nodegroups and the included addon are licensed as GNU GPL - the same license as Blender uses.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for supporting my work! I hope these tools are of some benefit to your projects.
Share your work and tag me on Twitter @erindale_xyz or on Instagram @e.r.i.n.d.a.l.e
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.