This is a re-release of my popular 2016 course Print & Pattern for Profit and goes over the basics of working with textile design studios. If you are an artist who’s interested in designing for products and you’ve created at least a few surface patterns for your portfolio, this course will help you identify 4 sources of income for pattern designers, and then dive deep into textile design studios. You’ll start with the basics of how they work, to the details about potential income and how to approach studios to partner with, plus everything in between. By the end of this course you'll be ready to approach textile design studios for partnership and be on your way to earning money with your print design skills.
Enjoy 2.25 hrs of video content, 6 downloadable PDFs with a list of 40+ studios and their websites as well as assignments to keep you on track, resources, links and examples.
This special pre-order price is available only for a small number of buyers, and will increase upon release!
Who Should Take this Course?
- Artists/Designers who have at least 5-10 designs in their portfolio- I recommend 10, but I will give some pointers on what type of designs to add to your portfolio if you only have a few designs.
- Artists/Designers who are interested in designing for products and textiles. This course mainly focuses on pattern design, but studios do in fact need artists who can illustrate stand alone graphics for t-shirts and the like.
- Artists who work in traditional or digital media.
- Artists who are just starting and have 0-5 clients.
- More experienced designers who need additional income and haven’t yet considered Textile Design Studios.
What Will I learn by the End?
- What a Textile Design Studio is and how it works as compared to other sources of income for pattern designers
- Typical paydays for this industry, with an exclusive look at variables, markets, licensing and my personal profits.
- How to prepare your work and approach studios, with sample emails and portfolio tips
- Questions to ask studios who are interested in you, and how to seal the deal