In his latest book, Alvin Alexander (https://alvinalexander.com) — author of the Scala Cookbook and Functional Programming, Simplified — brings you a swift introduction to the Scala programming language.
Hello, Scala provides a swift introduction to the Scala programming language. It consists of a series of short lessons, where each lesson demonstrates a new language feature in about fifteen minutes or less.
The book shows:
- The main Scala language features and syntax
- The power and elegance of for expressions and match expressions
- How to use the most common collections classes and methods
- How to program with Scala in OOP and FP styles
- How to build applications with SBT
- How to test applications with ScalaTest
- Examples with Swing and JavaFX
- How to write concurrent applications with Akka and Scala Futures
Source code examples in the book are included in a Github repository you can clone so you can experiment with the code on your own computer.
All examples in the book have been written with the latest Scala release (version 2.12), and represent 2018’s “best practices” for Scala programming.
The book on this website (gumroad.com) is available as a PDF. A paperback version of the book is also available on Amazon.com at this URL: https://amzn.to/2yFVDSj
Previews and Refunds
There are no refunds on digital products like this, but you can find a large, free preview of “Hello, Scala” at this URL to help you make a buying decision: http://kbhr.co/hs-preview
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share