Spectrum Grand Master James Gurney takes his easel to the streets in this unique project to create two imaginative paintings entirely on location. In the first, he transforms a townscape with magical lighting. In the second, he invents a dramatic scenario with a giant robot in a fast-food urbanscape. Gurney documents each image all the way from the first sketch to the final painting, using a practical but entertaining “driver’s seat” perspective.
You’ll learn how to:
• Sketch thumbnails and comprehensives.
• Build a flexible maquette from craft foam.
• Get maximum inspiration from the location.
• Recognize when an idea isn’t working and how to fix it.
• Create a viewing grid for an accurate line drawing.
• Imply a backstory with selective details.
“Fascinating look into a master illustrator's creative and technical process.”—John-Paul Balmet, Concept Artist, Lucasfilm
HD 720p MP4 Video download, about 1 Gig
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.