Date & Time: July 15 @ 12PM-1:30 PM + Optional Hour at Local Pub Location: Promenade Playhouse Main Theater located at 1404-1408 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, CA 90401 Documentation: Workbook Distributed After The Event with Links & Worksheets Tickets: $10 Price of Food & Drink Not Included
Only people have money to buy things. Whether it’s an independent producer with funds to purchase your screenplay, an investor with money to put into your film, a studio exec shopping for a book or podcast to license, or a director looking to hire an actor . . . only humans ever pull the trigger on purchasing things.
So you need a business network within the entertainment industry that will actively help you find the people who actually want to buy what you sell. In this event you learn the art and science of building and entertainment industry network swiftly, comfortably, and cost effectively.
- Where and how to find networking events that lend themselves to making real connections.
- How to very comfortably meet people at events
- What to do with their business cards
- How to introduce yourself to a group, and one-on-one, so people remember you well
- How to reach out to people after an event comfortably
- How to give people leads on potential opportunities
- How to accept leads from others graciously and without obligation
- Optional Participation: We'll walk to a local pub for a drink or two after the event for some informal networking. The price of drinks is not included in the event.
If you don’t know how to network, trying to find opportunities in the entertainment industry can be an exhausting process. The skills you learn and practice in this event will make the networking easier going forward.
If you have questions about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember you can find a whole host of resources at www.NancyFultonMeetups.com designed to help build your career in the entertainment industry. Everything from how to find distribution for your film and where to find investors, to how to produce films and publish books profitably.