These handy bags are perfect best friends to stow and go. Large Becca is adorned with a high-waisted fabric flange to accent her beautiful style. Add easy grab tabs from leftover zipper bits.
With Lazy Girl's One-Zip technique, cut a basic zipper apart, take off the pull, then stitch one side of the zipper tape in straight and flat. To finish, bring the ends together and use Joan's easy Pull-On trick to put the zipper pull back on to make these beautiful bags stand open. If you like this design, try our Sweetpea Pods, too!
SEE ZIPPER NOTES BELOW
- Seam at the zipper is finished and features my Faux Piping technique for a beautiful finish.
- Exposed seams on lining are trimmed and finished with tight zigzag stitch.
- Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric.
- The Becca Bags pattern is in PDF format and is 5 pages of cover/instruction.
- Full color photo instructions.
- This is a rotary cut design, no pattern pieces provided.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
Straight Stitch, and Zig Zag Stitch Required. An even-feed or walking foot may be helpful. This project is designed to be made using 100% quilting cottons. Rotary cut project, no pattern pieces provided. Note: Materials listed will make a large and small Becca.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS Small
6" x 4" x 1" Large: 8" x 6" x 2 1/2"
IMPORTANT ZIPPER NOTES
- The One-Zip technique works with polyester, All-purpose, basic apparel zippers (size #3 or #4.5) by YKK, Coats & Clark, or Talon brands.
- All zipper tape and pulls must be by the same manufacturer to work together. Example: only use YKK pulls with YKK zips. Some Coats & Clark zips are actually by Talon and will say so on the zipper package.
- The One-Zip technique does not work with metal or sport weight zippers.
- Test zips and pulls to make sure they work together before installation.