Learn a pattern-based way of thinking about chords on the fiddle, which may be new for you if you've previously only played tunes.
Knowing these patterns of finger shapes makes it much easier to quickly find the chords you need in order to be able to:
- accompany other musicians
- add double stops to your solos
- and do it well, no matter which key you're in.
Print a copy for your fiddle case! This book is specifically designed to help you easily find what you need in a jam or band practice.
Inside this 22-page PDF, you'll find...
- 8 colorful, easy to read charts show chord patterns for all major and minor keys.
- Clear instructions, in real-person language, about how to figure out which chord to play when.
- Ideas for how to practice all this stuff.
Optional upgrade: one-on-one help from Kat
Get personal help from Kat as you work your way through this book! Just choose one of these options at checkout:
- Four lessons (Facetime, Skype, or in person in Seattle)
We'll walk through the book together and make a plan for how you can practice and implement the material. Then, we'll have a few more lessons so I can answer any questions that come up and help you start to integrate these patterns into your playing.
- One month email/video exchange lessons
Not as weird as it sounds! This is the same as the "four lessons" option above, except we don't meet at scheduled times. During the month, you can send me as many emails, videos, audio, etc as you like. I will reply thoroughly at least once a week, with whatever combination of text and video will best help me convey the information. Bonus: you have every word I've ever given you saved in your email box forever, so you can refer back anytime! This is a great option for busy people, folks in super different time zones from mine (Pacific), or people on a tight budget.
- One lesson (Facetime, Skype, or in person in Seattle)
We'll walk through the book together and make a plan for how you can practice and implement the material. Great for the highly self-motivated and/or advanced player. :)