To Attend This Event: Click I Want This, provide your email address and payment information, then check your email. Click the link to get a PDF that provides the Hollywood location information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into any trouble. Please bring $10-$15 your lunch and to tip the waiters. No Refunds.
ABOUT THIS LUNCH MEETING
Radio Show Producer Heidi Hilton, who has an MBA and a background as a licensed financial and investment advisor, knows exactly where investors can be met face to face and online, how to develop relationships with them, and what motivates them to invest. You can learn more about her here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/heidi-hilton-mba-02b5ab12/
Topics she will address include:
- What kind of people make investments in speculative ventures like film and tech startups.
- What really motivates them to take action and why most pitches fail to highlight the things most investors find most important.
- Who investors trust and why they want a long term relationship with the people and companies they invest in.
- Where investors can be found in the real world and online.
- How to develop relationships with potential investors comfortably.
- Why you should be ashamed to mention you have a project you’re working to fund, and why you shouldn’t pitch people until they want to be pitched.
Understanding where to meet investors and how to present your projects to them doesn’t negate the need to create a good project for them to put money into. You should always work with a securities lawyer and financial/tax advisor to build your film projects so they are sensible, legal, investment opportunities. If you have questions about how to do that, Heidi can answer them too.
If you have questions about this event, or run into any trouble signing up, please email email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.