This 80 min. lesson demonstrates how to create a traditional oil painting style in Clip Studio Paint. It uses the brushes featured in the free "Tips For Dry Brush Painting" video on my YouTube channel (youtube.com/reubenlara).
- How to import a repeating canvas texture
- How to create a realistic ground wash
- How to lay in an underpainting
- When to start painting opaquely on top of your underpainting
- How to apply an impasto ("raised" paint stroke) effect in a controlled way
- How to look for elements that ruin the traditional oil painting look
- How to add secondary canvas textures as a polishing stage
This pack includes:
1) The high resolution Clip Studio Paint file so you can see the stages for yourself
2) Clip Studio brushes used:
- Cat's Tongue.sut
- Flat Ribbon Horizontal.sut
- Flat Ribbon Soft [S].sut
- Flat Ribbon Soft.sut
- Flat Ribbon Vertical.sut
- Flat Ribbon.sut
- I use three DAUB brushes that you can download from daub-brushes.com
It's a simple method I've used successfully in many production paintings and I think you'll find it super helpful on your next project. Enjoy and have fun painting!
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share