This friendly business lunch will provide you with a solid set of steps to follow if you’re working to produce a film or web series with friends. Attending this informative event will save you time, money, heartache, and the loss of important relationships while going a long way toward ensuring your project’s success.
The Santa Monica location for this event will be sent out 24 hours before the event to those who register. You will receive full documentation that covers the step by step instructions outlined in the event. You’ll have a chance to network with other producers. Remember to bring $10-$15 to cover the food you’ll eat at the meal. No refunds after May 18, 2018. RSVP as soon as possible. Space is limited and this event is likely to sell out.
In this event you will learn:
- When working with friends, or production partners you’re very friendly with, makes sense.
- Why following your natural instincts in working with your friends will usually translate into disaster for you and for them.
- How things usually go wrong when friends produce projects with one another. It’s not in the ways or for the reasons you most likely expect.
- How to build and structure co-production deals so everyone can do their job and be fairly compensated for their work.
- How co-ownership of a production company works, and why sometimes it’s a really rotten idea.
- Alternatives to co-owning a production company that may well leave all parties, and the project, much better off.
- How to negotiate a deal to co-produce a project while still remaining friends.
- How to smoothly handle problems caused when one or more co-producers fails to come through on their commitment.
- How to minimize your legal costs before, during, and after a production project with friends.
- How to part ways amicably and why parting ways is the natural end to every working relationship with friends.
If you have any questions about this event, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the filmmaking community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slideshows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico
If you have questions about resource, or run into any trouble at all signing up please email me at email@example.com.