About this Class :
Generative art is all about using programming to generate artwork that is algorithmically defined and created. In this project-based class, you'll learn how to create your own series of patterns using generative art techniques and computer programming!
What You'll Learn :
1. How to setup your programming environment for making generative artwork.
2. An introduction to Processing and the HYPE Framework. With the HYPE Framework you'll be able to create work quicker and more effectively.
3. We'll start by drawing your shapes and preparing a bank of assets for you to use in your piece. These can be any sort of image that you have created.
4. Painting with HYPE using different variables to create and infinite range of possibilities.
5. Adding and controlling color throughout.
6. Using HGridLayout and HShapeLayout to create your final piece. These will give you ability to create grids and shapes with your assets.
7. How to output your files to Photoshop of Illustrator. You'll be able to manipulate and edit them to arrive at the final piece.
The Tools You'll Use :
1. Sublime Text 2 is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
2. HYPE Framework is a collection of classes that performs heavy lifting tasks while using a minimal amount of code writing.
3. Processing is a programming language, development environment, and online community. Since 2001, Processing has promoted software literacy within the visual arts and visual literacy within technology.
Who Should Take This Class :
This class is perfect for anyone looking to learn about making generative art and programming.
Even if you're already a master at Processing, you will get a new look at it by learning how to use the HYPE Framework to improve your workflow and the way you make art.
TAGS : Design, Programming, Digital Patterns, Pattern Making, Processing, HYPE