This skin recreates the real-life livery worn by the Douglas DC-3-313 serial numbered 2169 after a minor repaint by its owner, the missionary group Mercy Airlift in 1978.
* This add-on livery is for application upon the VSkyLabs ("VSL") C-47 Skytrain Flying Lab Project digital aircraft model version 2.8 for X-Plane 11. Obtain it from...
* As of version 2.79, passenger seat visibility is toggled in the simulator by clicking upon the equipment rack located aft of the co-pilot's position. Some SimSmith liveries intentionally do not display the equipment rack although the hot-spot is still in force (watch your pointer change as you move it).
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, tailored to the targeted version of X-Plane.
* Custom ski textures are also provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their (optional) activation.
* An optional replacement for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions are enclosed.
1. X-Plane version 11
2. A legal copy of the VSkyLabs C-47 Skytrain model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this package (around 26 Megabytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSkyLabs or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from SimSmith.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSkyLabs or Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith package.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Contributions via https://simsmith.codes enables the production of future X-Plane add-ons.
* Purchases via https://store.x-plane.org/SimSmith_bymfg_117-0-1.html are the ultimate compliment.