- Inside 241 colored pages packed with all my personal recommendations, tips, and loads of photos.
- Special focus on off the beaten track destinations in Georgia, including Communist Heritage and the Unrecognized Republic of Abkhazia.
- 10 suggested itineraries to help you plan your trip, from classic to adventure itineraries.
Here you will find:
1 - 24 chapters spread across 241 pages, from my top 10 experiences to all the practical information and destination-specific travel guides
2 - Super detailed, comprehensive, practical information, always highlighting specific travel tips + off the beaten track places
3 - Comprehensive travel guides to the best destinations in Georgia, including my best personal tips, cultural insights, the best things to do, and more!
Available destinations: Tbilisi, Best days trips from Tbilisi, Kakheti region, Tusheti, Kazbegi, Georgian Military Highway, Svaneti, Unrecognized Republic of Abkhazia, Chiatura, Katskhi Pillar, Kutaisi, Best day trips from Kutaisi, Muslim villages of Adjara, Batumi, Borjomi, Akhaltsikhe, Vardzia
4 - 10 complete itineraries with detailed maps along with a comprehensive explanation of what to do day by day.
- 3 best classic itineraries
- 3 Itineraries for adventurous travelers
- 2 Itineraries for off the beaten track lovers
- 2 Itineraries for those interested in culture
Why trust our guides over Lonely Planet:
- We have traveled extensively around Georgia for over 7 months
- We highlight the least visited and off-beat places in the country; whereas regular book guides mainly focus on mass tourism destinations.
- All the travel information is 100% based on personal experiences, whereas most book guides tend to lack the personal touch.
- We are not a generic guide, but we are aimed at culturally sensitive, adventurous travelers interested in the culture and authentic experiences
- Most book guides will tell you that all places are great but, if I don't like a place, I will just tell you
- And loads, loads of photos, something most guidebooks lack
Plus my travel advice has been featured in:
Lonely Planet, The Telegraph, BuzzFeed, Atlas Obscura, Culture Trip, Arab News, Khaleej Times, Tribune, Yahoo, Matador Network, Adventure.com, among others
What fellow travelers say
Will Hatton from TheBrokeBackpacker.com - Top travel blogger, expert in budget backpacking
When it comes to backpacking in Georgia, Joan is the master! He’s got more experience than anybody else I know and has gotten truly off the beaten track in this incredible country, and his new guide totally reflects that!
Joao Leitao from NomadRevelations.com - Travel blogger, offbeat travel expert
The most precious thing about this travel guide is that it is in first person, written after getting a lot of travel experience in the country, rather than based on research. It’s a great source of information to the pretty much anywhere in Georgia, including off the beaten track gems
Marc, World Traveler in love with Georgia
The best thing about this ebook is that Joan managed to find the perfect balance between an informative, practical guide and an inspirational piece full of local insights and interesting facts. An invaluable source of information for anyone traveling to Georgia.
Isn’t the content of this ebook published on your site?
Well, not really.
First of all, my ebook contains 12 destination-specific guides, whereas on my website you can only find 3. Moreover, the site doesn’t contain anything about suggested travel itineraries, plus there aren’t many details about the daily budget and trekking tips.
Is this guide available in print?
For now, the guide is available in PDF, Kindle format (.MOBI) and ePub.
Once you buy it, you will be able to download the 3 formats.
If I have any questions, may I email you?
Sure thing 🙂 Any question, just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit this link: https://againstthecompass.com/en/georgia-guidebok/
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.