Extremely detailed French gluten free card, written by a celiac and translated by a native speaker.
** NOTE! If you would like a general French card specific to FRANCE, please see THIS card instead.
YOUR GLUTEN FREE CARD PURCHASE INCLUDES:
• A immediate digital download sent via email, specifically sized for your smartphone. Upon purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with a green 'download' button. This is how you obtain your card - easy! And this way, your card can be shown via your phone wherever you travel;
• A basic explanation of the disease and what to avoid;
• French dishes and ingredients like roux or pastries that are used in cooking, but also inclusion of flours used within the French-speaking world, such as tapioca / manioc, to best communicate what you need to be wary of;
• Cross-contamination concerns, and requirements for uncontaminated oil;
• A list of what can be used to substitute and cook with, such as rice or potatoes; and
• An apology for the inconvenience to the chef and staff of the restaurant or stall.
I have celiac disease, which means that I will get very sick if I eat gluten. Gluten is found in wheat, bread, barley, rye, as well as soy sauce. It’s also found in seasonings and bouillon cubes, processed foods like mayo or salad dressings. Soups made with a bread (roux) base are off limits. So are meatballs or gravies and other dishes thickened with flour.
This diet is not a lifestyle choice. I will become very ill if I eat food containing those ingredients. The disease also affects me if I eat food that is fried in contaminated oil. For example, if French fries or chips are cooked in the same oil as, say, breaded fried chicken, the oil will be enough to get me sick. It sounds extreme, but even a sprinkle of flour on the grill, pan or in the sauce or soup will make me ill, which includes days of joint pain and stomach problems.
Can you please tell me what can I eat safely from your menu?
I can eat food containing corn and corn flour, lentils, quinoa, cassava/tapioca, rice and rice flour, chickpeas, potatoes, meat, chicken, vegetables, fresh fruit, cheese, eggs, or fish – so long as they are not cooked with the ingredients in the first paragraph.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you but I have to be very careful when I eat. This is not a choice, but a disease, and as a result, I cannot be casual with my diet.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase! Please click on the green "DOWNLOAD" button below to receive your card.
For English translation of the card you bought, please return to the purchase page and scroll down!
Wishing you safe eating and many delicious meals.