Extremely detailed gluten free card for Germany, written by a celiac and translated by a native German speaker familiar with food in the country.
YOUR PURCHASE INCLUDES:
• A immediate digital download sent via email, specifically sized for your smartphone. Upon purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with a green 'download' button. This is how you obtain your card - easy! And this way, your card can be shown via your phone wherever you travel;
• A basic explanation of the disease and what to avoid;
• Local ingredients like semolina or orzo that are used in cooking, to best communicate what you need to be wary of;
• Cross-contamination concerns, and requirements for uncontaminated oil;
• A list of what can be used to substitute and cook with, such as rice or corn; and
• An apology for the inconvenience to the chef and staff of the restaurant or stall.
I have celiac disease. I cannot eat gluten, which is found in wheat, barley, rye, spelt, unripe spelt grain, and often in oats.
I become very ill if I eat food, marinades, soup or sauces containing wheat, barley, rye, or oats. This disease also affects me if food is fried in the same oil used to fry these ingredients or if they are cooked in the same pot/pan. Even a sprinkle of flour or bread crumbs on the grill or pan, in a sauce, or in soup will make me very ill, as a result of cross-contamination.
Can you please help me choose something that is not breaded or fried, and does not include any wheat, rye, barley, oats, bread, semolina, spelt or couscous? This includes sausages that have gluten in them as a filler and marinades shouldn’t be made with beer as well.
I can eat rice, millet, potatoes / potato starch, corn / corn starch, pure buckwheat flour, and tapioca.
Thank you for your help. I am sorry for any inconvenience, but I must be very careful when I eat.
NOTE: If you have any questions about this card, or are having trouble purchasing it via Gumroad, please send me an email to email@example.com.
My full gluten free guide for Germany is here.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase! Please click on the green "DOWNLOAD" button below to receive your card.
For English translation of the card you bought, please return to the purchase page and scroll down!
Wishing you safe eating and many delicious meals.