Extremely detailed Mexican Spanish gluten free card, written by a celiac and translated by a native speaker who is also celiac and living in Mexico.
YOUR GLUTEN FREE CARD PURCHASE INCLUDES:
• A immediate digital download, specifically sized for your smartphone. This way, your card can be shown via your phone wherever you travel;
• A basic explanation of the disease and what to avoid;
• Ingredients like salsa ingles, pan de yema, or thickeners like bread that are used in cooking and mole sauces, to best communicate what you need to be wary of;
• Cross-contamination concerns, and requirements for uncontaminated oil;
• A list of what can be used to substitute and cook with, such as rice, corn flour/masa, or potatoes; and
• An apology for the inconvenience to the chef and staff of the restaurant or stall.
NOTE: If you have any questions about this card, or are having trouble purchasing it via Gumroad, please send me an email to email@example.com.
II have celiac disease, which means that I cannot eat gluten, or I will get very sick. Gluten is found in wheat, bread, barley, rye, as well as soy sauce and some seasonings like "Salsa Ingles", Knorr or Maggi seasoning.
I will become very ill if I eat food containing those ingredients. This disease also affects me if I eat food that is fried in the same oil that was used fry foods with breadcrumbs or flour, because of cross-contamination. Even a sprinkle of flour on the grill, pan or in the sauce or soup will make me ill, which includes days of joint pain and stomach problems. I cannot eat soup or mole sauces that have flour or bread in it, or meat/sausages with bread as an ingredient (such as meatballs or some sausages).
Can you please tell me what can I eat safely that does not contain wheat flour, soy sauce, rye, oats or barley?
Things I can eat -- I can eat food containing corn, rice, chickpeas, tapioca, cassava, potatoes, pork lard, vegetables, fresh fruit, cheese, eggs, beef, pork, chicken, or fish – so long as they are not cooked with the ingredients in the first paragraph.
Thank you for your assistance in helping me avoid getting sick. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you but I have to be very careful when I eat. This is not a choice, but a disease, and as a result, I cannot be casual with my diet.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase! I hope this card helps you eat safely in Mexico.
For other celiac cards and accompanying free translation guides, please see www.legalnomads.com/gluten-free/