Extremely detailed Moroccan Arabic gluten free card, written by a celiac and translated by a native speaker who has celiac disease.
YOUR PURCHASE INCLUDES:
• A immediate digital download sent via email, specifically sized for your smartphone. Upon purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with a green 'download' button. This is how you obtain your card - easy! And this way, your card can be shown via your phone wherever you travel;
• A basic explanation of the disease and what to avoid;
• Local ingredients like semolina or orzo that are used in cooking, to best communicate what you need to be wary of;
• Cross-contamination concerns, and requirements for uncontaminated oil;
• A list of what can be used to substitute and cook with, such as rice or potatoes; and
• An apology for the inconvenience to the chef and staff of the restaurant or stall.
NOTE: If you have any questions about this card, or are having trouble purchasing it via Gumroad, please send me an email to email@example.com.
I have celiac disease, and I cannot eat gluten, which is found in wheat, barley, rye and often in oats.
I become very ill if I eat food, marinades, soup or sauces containing wheat, barley, rye, or oats. This disease also affects me if food is fried in the same oil used to fry these ingredients. A sprinkle of flour on the grill pan, in a sauce or soup will also make me very ill, as a result of cross-contamination.
Can you please help me choose something that does not include any wheat, rye, barley, oats, khobz (bread), semolina, or couscous?
I can eat food containing rice, chickpeas, tapioca, cassava, potatoes, corn, beans, lentils, vegetables, cheese, fruit, eggs, meat, chicken, or fish – as long as they are not cooked with wheat flour or breadcrumbs. I also cannot eat battered or breaded dishes, unless they are breaded in only rice flour, corn flour, chickpea flour or tapioca flour, and fried in separate uncontaminated oil.
Thank you for your help. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you, but I have to be very careful when I eat.
My full gluten free guide to Morocco is here.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase! Please click on the green "DOWNLOAD" button below to receive your card.
For English translation of the card you bought, please return to the purchase page and scroll down!
Wishing you safe eating and many delicious meals.