Currently in alpha, Glitchspace is a first person puzzle platformer that's centred around a visual programming mechanic. Stretch and scale objects to make a bridge, apply a force to objects, bouncing you up to high places, use your programming gun to fire code at objects, changing their physical properties in the game world!
Set in a cyberspace world, you are trying to find a place known as Glitchspace - a by-product of cyberspace and its various glitches. A world that would allow for infinite possibilities, and access across all systems in cyberspace through exploitation.
Through problem solving, it's up to you how you approach the in-game challenges; find glitches in the cyberspace world, and exploit them in various different ways, allowing for an emergent play experience.
Glitchspace is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, and was developed with the Oculus Rift in mind. (Although the Rift is not necessary to play).
- Reprogram Your World! - Use the Null visual programming interface to reprogram your environment through the programs you craft!
- Reprogram Your Tool! - Modify and enhance Null through the functions you uncover, allowing you to create and fire programs into the cyberspace world!
- A Programming Experience - Become a programmer, learning programming concepts along the way through thought-provoking and engaging gameplay.
- Story Mode - Discover the secrets of the cyberspace world of Glitchspace by finding glitches and exploiting them.
- Sandbox Mode - Craft programs to your hearts content in Sandbox Mode, developing fiendishly complex structures. A [Re]programmable playground that you control!
- Rift support includes DK1 & DK2!
- Purchasing the alpha will entitle you to all updates through to the full release!
- Steam key is available with each purchase!
- Our aim is to release the full game in 2015.
For all those interested in following development (please do!) and the future direction of Glitchspace, check out our new site:
This will be used for posting weekly development updates, allowing you to get a behind the scenes look at what we do. We also have a newsletter which you can subscribe to listed there as well for progress to be sent directly to you! You can find more “real-time,” updates on our social media links; so do get following and liking:
Alpha 1.82 introduces the following features/fixes:
- Fixed crash on start-up for Linux 64 bit machines
- Fixed programming window closing instantly on Linux
- Fixed issue with puzzle two being solved on load (sorry about that!)
If you are a member of the press and would like more information on Glitchspace, our presskit can be found at:
Use the login info below to open this product (expires in 30 minutes).
Don't have the app yet? Get it here
Download from the app store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for your support! Be sure to check out and follow development on our site www.spacebudgie.com
<3 Space Budgie
Looking to create an account?
Add your work, name a price and start selling instantly.
Track conversion rates, referrers and buyer locations.
Just 5% + 25¢ per transaction. No other fees.
Did you mean to login?