Get our new courses
This course was created for Godot 3.0. To get our new and up-to-date courses, click here.
Become a better game developer!With this course, you will learn to create your own top-down game inspired by Zelda, using the Free and Open Source game engine Godot 3.0
Watch the chapters in any order! Unlike other courses out there, each chapter isolates and explores one key topic.
What will I learn?
- Learn the game creation process, the way the professionals do it
- Discover the best practices in Godot 3.0
- Understand how 2d game creation works with lessons that go beyond the surface
- Learn game creation techniques that apply to any genre
- Programming foundations
- Basic understanding of GDscript
This is an intermediate level series: you should have at least some programming experience as videos are not always step-by-step.
I highly recommend that you watch some free tutorials before taking the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I follow this course with Godot 3.1 or 3.2?
Yes, if you have some programming experience, and if you're willing to make some tweaks to the code. There were some breaking changes in Godot 3.1, and one in particular, that will give an error with named enums. A video explains how to adapt the code to Godot 3.1.
Also, as we remade the first chapter from scratch, this one is fully compatible with Godot 3.1.
For a more recent course, check out our recent course Code a Pro 2D Game Character with Godot
Hobby, Indie, and Pro versions
Subscribe to get special deals and know when new courses come out.
Click here to see the Hobby version
Learn to code the core mechanics, build tile-based levels and code AI:
- The character controller
- Combat mechanics: life, attacks
- AI 1: Design 2 simple monsters
- Build levels with Tiled map editor
- Breathe life to the game: world animation and particles
- AI 2: pattern-based boss
Click here to see the Indie version
All from Hobby plus:
- Design and code the game's User Interface
- Learn the Game Design Workflow. Features exclusive interviews and tips from three successful indie game designers: FibreTigre (Out There), Emmanuel Corno (Event) and Edouard (Atomic Racoon)
All from Indie plus:
- Build a Shop and an Inventory
- Polishing the game
- Design pattern: implement Finite State Machines in Godot
- Exclusive assignments and extra Godot examples for each chapter
30 days moneyback
If you don't like the course or you didn't learn anything, drop me a message within 30 days after your purchase to get an instant refund! No questions asked.
Get in touch
Send me a message anytime on Twitter, @NathanGDquest, or a
natha n[at] gdquest.com
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.