Finally, backpacking meals which are…
Say Goodbye to overpriced, bland backpacking food. Gourmet As Heck teaches you how to make delicious dehydrated trail meals which are calorie dense and easy to prepare on the trail.
Written by an experienced backpacker and foodie, every recipe is field-tested and accompanied by beautiful photos.
You will learn…
• The ins and outs of backpacking nutrition.
• Exactly how much food to bring on your trek.
• Packaging methods.
• How to rehydrate meals, even without a stove.
The best part is that it is so easy!
You don’t have to be an experienced chef or have fancy gear to make these meals. With just a dehydrator, a good knife, and some parchment paper, you can create your own gourmet meals.
The recipes in this book are…
- Calorie dense: Most recipes pack in 150 calories per ounce or more! The calories and weights for meals have been calculated for you.
- Plant-based: Whether you are vegan or a carnivore, you will love these recipes. Plant-based means the meals are foolproof and have longer shelf lives.
- Accidentally gluten free: With just two exceptions, all of these recipes happen to be gluten free. No weird ingredients required!
- Mouthwateringly delicious! Walnut risotto, warming tagine, pumpkin chili, creamy cashew sauce…These meals are so delicious that you’ll want to eat them off the trail too.
Who is this book for?
The author of this book is Diane Vukovic of the popular blog Mom Goes Camping. As someone who goes on intense wild camping trips, she knows how important it is to keep food weight down! But, with two young girls in tow, she also knows how important it is to have healthy, tasty meals (especially when one of those kids is a very picky eater!).
• Are tired of spending a fortune on backpacking meals
• Want more diversity and flavor in your trail food
• Care about nutrition and know that you’ll enjoy your hike more when you have healthy food to eat…
Then this book is for you!
What are you waiting for? Get your copy of Gourmet As Heck today. Lightweight trail food really is this easy!