CJKD GRAPPLING BASICS VIDEOS - Volume 3
We broke up the massive Grappling Basics Set into 4 volumes. This is the 3rd in the set of 12 videos that will help lay the foundation BASICS of the Core JKD Grappling Range.
CJKD Grappling Basics Videos
The series you've been waiting for. These are the fundamentals of grappling that make Core JKD unique and will set you on the path of mastering the ground game—by knowing how to play it and how to free yourself from it.
Who is this for?
This series is designed to be understood by the complete novice with no training whatsoever. It will give the tools and functionality to be successful in resisting encounters against more advanced and skilled attackers.
It also has unique Core JKD grappling techniques that advanced students and instructors will be able to use to enhance their grappling game beyond their traditional training.
Distance Learning students: these are the fundamental requirements for Core JKD Grappling. They are required for advancement, testing, and certification in the Core JKD system.
Videos in the series:
- GRAPPLING BASICS—Arm Bar Escapes
- GRAPPLING BASICS—Rear Naked Choke and Escapes
- GRAPPLING BASICS—Submissions and Escapes
Some of what's on the videos...
Arm Bar Escapes
- Basic arm bar
- Elbow awareness from below
- Push out
- Bridge on face
- Shoulder Torque
Rear Naked Choke and Escapes
- Water drill: sighted and blind
- Rear naked choke application: various grinds, floating
- Core JKD Escape
- Elbow leverage drive
- Finger joint manipulation
- Short choke variation (trachea crush)
Submissions and Escapes
- Triangle and escape
- V-arm Lock branch up (Americana or key lock)
- Branch up escape: Rotate Open
- Branch up escape: Elbow to pocket
- V-arm Lock branch down (Kimora)
- Branch down escape: Fingertip weave
- Branch down escape: Rotate out
- Omaplata escape: turnover
- Kimura escape: corkscrew
- Arm and neck choke
- Arm and neck choke and escapes: trap and bridge, bump
- Kesa arm and neck choke escape: 3-point to coffee grinder, pressure slip, kesa choke-escape flow drill
Wrist and finger joint locks in grappling:
- Pillow lock
- Supine branch up and down
- Pinky high branch down
- Thumb high