CJKD GRAPPLING BASICS VIDEOS - Volume 4
We broke up the massive Grappling Basics Set into 4 volumes. This is the 4th in the set of 12 videos that will help lay the foundation BASICS of the Core JKD Grappling Range.
CJKD Grappling Basics Videos
The series you've been waiting for. These are the fundamentals of grappling that make Core JKD unique and will set you on the path of mastering the ground game—by knowing how to play it and how to free yourself from it.
Who is this for?
This series is designed to be understood by the complete novice with no training whatsoever. It will give the tools and functionality to be successful in resisting encounters against more advanced and skilled attackers.
It also has unique Core JKD grappling techniques that advanced students and instructors will be able to use to enhance their grappling game beyond their traditional training.
Distance Learning students: these are the fundamental requirements for Core JKD Grappling. They are required for advancement, testing, and certification in the Core JKD system.
Videos in the series:
- GRAPPLING BASICS—Leg Lock, Heel Hooks and Escapes
- GRAPPLING BASICS—Striking In Ground Grappling
Some of what's on the videos...
Leg locks, heel hooks and escapes
- Leg lock: outside-in
- Leg lock: inside out
- Training to resist the leg lock
- Breathing through pain
- Leg lock escape
- Pass centerline heel hook
- Pass centerline leg lock and heel hook counter
- Heel hook
- Power heel hook
- Heel hook escape: push thru
- Heel hook escape: pull out and circle
- Body feel familiarity training
- Ankle crank training
Striking In Grappling
- Head control
- Strike momentum—Head evasion
- Base: knee on chest vs mount
- Hook and jab power mechanics
- Strike zone on head
- Strike variety with elbows
- Crossbody: Elbows and Hammerfists
- Striking From Guard: Hammerfist Detail
- Defending Mount Strikes: Bicep Inserts And Bridge
- Defending Crossbody Strikes: Inserts To Defend And Escape
- Defending Crossbody Strikes: Head Position Binding—Inserts
- Headbutts from mount and guard
- Defending Strikes From Guard: Parry—Inserts—Leg Controls
- Examples Of Sparring Drill and Double Arm Block
- Leg Control vs Strikes Detail
- Comb Cover / Double Arm Block: Drawing Away Cover—How To Get Knocked OutStriking In Grappling
Flow Sets (to be added soon)
These are functional, skill building flows that utilize the techniques in dynamic flow training that quickly elevates your movement and understanding of always having opportunities.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share