Free Procreate grid brushes from alternateglyph.com
I learned pretty quickly that writing consistent calligraphy depends on laying down a grid first. You can use these calligraphy paper grids for drills or mix-and match to create layout grids. These brushes are great for writing at different slants and x-heights.
The grid brushes come in 4 variations:
- Normal x-height:65 degree slant
- Normal x-height: 80 degree slant
- Tall x-height: 65 degree slant
- Tall x-height: 80 degree slant
How to use The Grid Brushes
- Create a blank layer
- Select one of the grid brushes and a light color (I like a blue grid)
- Paint all over the layer in one continuous stroke. Changing the size of the brush changes the scale of the grid.
- Make a new layer on top of the grid to write your letters!
- Hide the grid layer before exporting your finished image
After drawing the grid, you can skew or flip the grid layer for an infinitely customizable slant! changing up the slant lets you make lots of different styles of lettering
Thanks for trying my brushes - I welcome your feedback!
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.