The Grunge Node is a Cycles shader group node useful for quickly creating semi-procedural metallic effects like grime, dirt and rust to hard surface models. It can even be used to grimy up organic models as well. It contains five (5) layers which are stacked together to produce the final texture, four (4) of these can be driven by textures or by outside node systems. These layers are controlled by sliders below their main color stack and are easy to understand and manage what they do.
Now includes the MK II Grunge node and Dual Noise node and the Track Lights add-on (see readme file for info).
Appending the nodes to your scene or blend file
Once you have the Grunge Node blend file, in order to incorporate both the grunge node and the retro filter node in your current scene or blend file,
1. Go to the File menu in Blender and select Append or press Shift+F1.
2. Navigate to the location where you have the Grunge node blend file stored and click it.
3. It will you the folders containing all the assets in that blend file, go ahead and click the NodeTree folder.
4. Select all the node systems. Press Shift+LMB to highlight them all.
5. Click the Append from Library button in the upper right corner.
6. You can now see the Grunge Node in the shader nodes window when you press Shift+A to add nodes, you can find it in Group. Retro Filter is also available in the render nodes when you press Shift+A to add nodes, you can also find it in Group.
7. Make sure that they become a part of an existing node system so Blender will not clean them up once you save and exit the software.
The blend file download also includes a sample scene containing the node systems so you can get to speed on things quickly. It also has a pdf guide with all the information about the inputs in the group node.
This also has the Retro Filter which is a personal Cycles render group node I use to color grade my renders.
This is a hard surface material cache which means that updates in the future will not only include fixes to the current node setup but additional node systems as well and will include 2.8 stuffs once it gets fully finalized.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.