What does the philosophy writing process look like? In these five video screencasts, Elliot writes Fallible Ideas emails and narrates his thought process.
- Uses philosophy to answer people's questions
- Discusses what to include or not when writing
- Features additional comments not in Elliot's written emails
- Tips on writing style and wording
- Tips on interpreting what other people are saying
- Examples of how to read complex writing by breaking it down into simple chunks
- Watch Elliot make some mistakes and then edit to fix them (everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone handles mistakes well)
Upgrade to get a Philosopher's Discussion with Ingracke (2hr 50min). See how philosophers seamlessly mix everyday topics and philosophical arguments! We discuss:
- Homeschool group activities
- Going to the park
- Conflicts of interest
- How learning works, how to discuss
- Putting problems off for later
- Children's perspectives
- Gamification, tests, homework, sugar, screen time, video games, copying ebooks
The Fallible Ideas email subjects the videos cover are:
- Introduction to scientism - misunderstanding science
- How to have multi-layered discussions
- How many years?
- Programmer Shortage
- Parents don't pay attention to their kids
- Easier to read or write
- Using reason in all areas of life
- Comments on "Capitalism"
- Regulation vs freedom of speech
- "Blithely" is a fancy word
- Comments on "Individualism"
- Going to activities with kids
- Winners and losers
- Comments on "Sharing"
- Discussing essays vs discussing issues
- Explaining to ppl is hard
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share