For years now, people in the advertising industry have talked wistfully of the day when TV ads will be bought through automated online interfaces on auction-based bid marketplaces--just like search, social and digital display advertising have been bought since the middle 2000's.
So what are we to make of the fact that so many attempts to implement this have failed over the past decade--is it that digital advertising paradigms are simply not applicable to TV advertising, and that digital bidded marketplaces are therefore likely doomed to failure? Or is it rather the case that their concept is fundamentally sound, but that we haven't yet hit upon the right way of realizing it--and, if that is the case, how exactly should we implement digital bidded marketplaces for TV advertising, and what could be their implications for the TV and advertising businesses at large? Join a panel of prominent advertising experts for a passionate debate on the prospects for digital bidded marketplaces in the television space. Panelists include:
• Joan FitzGerald, SVP of Advanced TV, PremiumMedia360
• Doug Knopper, Founder and Former CEO, FreeWheel
• Rich Lefurgy, General Partner, Archer Advisors/Founding Chairman, IAB
• Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia (Moderator)
• Gerrit Niemeijer, CTO, NCC Media
• Marcus Pratt, VP of Insights and Technology, Mediasmith