If you are starting out with programming or are a professional in Excel and Xojo, the I Wish I Knew How to... Program Excel 2019 with Xojo API2 book is your guide to answer many of the questions and provides solutions to programming Excel 2019 with Xojo. This book is a long-line of compiled information with over 10 years of questions, suggestions, tips, and tricks to create graphs, tables, analyze data, and more.
There are 17 Chapters with more than 380 pages and more than 150 example programs. The book is a live document and will likely have updates in the future.
This ebook is a pdf formatted document and all examples include Xojo 2021 r1.1 API2 code.
Note: The single-purchase (Not 365) Excel 2019 version will need to be purchased and installed on your Windows computer for this to work.
New to Version 4.0 - June 2021 – Excel 2019 and Xojo API2
* Over 700 changes to Example code. General categories of changes are listed below
* Update code to Microsoft Excel 2019
* Update all code to API 2
* Uses version Xojo 2021 r1.1
* Updated all project IDE minimum versions
* Update plugin installation instructions
* Fixed numerous grammatical errors
* Changed API MsgBox to API2 MessageDialog.Show (Example 2-1)
* Added filename suffix -API2 to signify change in program
* Updated Example2-2 with multiple changes from API1 to API2
* Changed API1 AbsolutePath to API2 NativePath function
* Converted example xls files to xlsx
* Changed GetFolderItem to FolderItem.Constructor
* Changed Date to DateTime (Example 3-14)(Example 7-4)
* Changed Listbox ListIndex to SelectedRowIndex (Example 3-25)
* Changed Listbox ListCount to RowCount
* Changed Listbox Cell to CellValueAt
* Changed Listbox Heading to HeaderAt
* Changed StrComp to String.Compare (Example 3-26)
* Removed extra and unused variables in Examples
* Example 4-10 (4-12) updated to API 2 code, except for Date – no TotalSeconds option available
* Updated to Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable in Example 11-1
* Updated API1 RecordSet to API2 Rowset
* Updated API1 ErrorMessage to API2 DatabaseException
* Updated API1 Field to API2 Column
* Update API1 Value to API2 StringValue
* Removed API1 MoveNext with API2 For Each Row as DatabaseRow in rs
* Updated API1 Microseconds to API2 System.Microseconds
* Updated API1 SetText to API2 Text
* Updated API1 Split to API2 String.Split
* Updated API1 Ubound to API2 LastIndex
* Changed 1-based arrays to 0-based arrays where needed
* Changed to API2 Picture.Save with Picture.Formats type
* Updated Example Excel files from xls to xlsx format
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.