HairTG - Hair Clump Tool is a texture generation tool for Substance Designer and Substance sbsar hosts such as the free Substance Player. It creates procedural hair/fur clump textures suitable to use with hair cards or as alphas into painting apps. It can also be used to generate non-hair textures for designs based on patterns along curves.
New in version 1.1
- Independent rotation per hair strand group (parent+children).
- Child strands: auto-comb, with power and length parameters.
- Child strands: dispersion attenuation, global and towards tip.
- Hair strand thickness control, independently at root and tip, with midpoint and three variation types: linear, cosine and Xn.
- A few fixes.
- Outputs Mask, Alpha (opacity), ID and Depth (height) maps and an optional Color map.
- Quickly create variations based on a given design by simply changing a random seed value.
- Generate parent hair strands from which can be derived a large number of child strands.
- Curve individual strands or strand groups along various vertical locations.
- Taper or spread hair strands at various locations to shape the clump.
- Hair strand thickness control.
- Position the strands and let them drift from each other at multiple locations using controlled random ranges.
- Fade root and tip of the hair with controlled and random factors.
- Generate automatic depth profiles for each parent strand, or use custom ones.
- Let child strand depth profiles derive more or less from their parent.
- Use a visualizer tool to shape automatic depth profiles.
- Choose the range of grayscale levels to generate the ID map.
- Use it for non-hair textures bringing custom grayscale or color patterns to shape designs along curves.
Content of the pack
- the HairTG - Hair Clump Tool in sbsar format
- a demo sbs file using the tool
- a user manual
- license notice and disclaimer
HairTG - Hair Clump Tool was created and tested with Substance Designer 2018.3.3. It is recommended to use it into this environment, it is however likely to run with other sbsar hosts respecting the same specifications.
Licenses are single seat only. You cannot resell or distribute the tool into a form that would expose it to reuse.
Commercial Studio: the tool and generated textures may be used in commercial projects, for individuals, schools or companies with revenue above USD $100K a year.
Commercial Indie: the tool and generated textures may be used in commercial projects, for individuals, schools or companies with revenue below USD $100K a year.
Non-commercial: for personal use (not companies), product can be used in an unlimited number of non-commercial projects. This license also enables usage in a single commercial project with a maximum of 1000 sales or 10000 views.
The product is not refundable.