Perfect lighting and reflections in Blender 2.8+
HDR-Studio is a Blender addon that helps you produce eye-candy results, with thousands of possible lighting solutions for your product, character or other 3D art. With HDR-Studio, you’ll discover new lighting setups, and create a gorgeous render in minutes.
“I got a chance to start using it on my latest project and It's really helped me out. I wouldn't mind plugging it for you if you need some shout-outs in the future. Thanks for the awesome plugin and keep up the good work!”
- Brandon Hix, TheOrangeGuild.com
- Procedural Lights: Ellipse and Polygonal
- Image Lights
- Unlimited Lights
- Supports native paint tools painting on the HDRI.
- Independent light bulb settings with brightness curve editing.
- Flat, Gradient(linear,radial and conical falloffs) and image textures.
- Multiple Blend Modes supported to mix lights and images together
- Real time updates in preview render(Cycles Render)
- Export the 32bit image as HDR or OpenEXR
New changes for Blender 2.8.
- Works with Eevee!
- Multithreaded and faster overall due to major code rewrite and cleanup.
- New border previews for faster operations when moving lights.
- Max Brightness is now 100. We included soft values too.
- Scale and rotate limitations are now gone.
- Imported images can be used as lights, not just as a background.
- Append HDR images with lights from another blend file.
- Added icons instead of ugly checkboxes.
- Reorder lights in layer list.
- Several bug fixes.
- Get undo/redo working
- Image previews for light layers
- HDRI list with quick switch. Copy/paste lights between HDRI.
- Save independent lights, images and procedural settings to OpenEXR
- Animation support
- More multithreading and better performance.
- Target and Match feature: Click on 3D model, and 3D mesh light will move to match.
- Light Linking for multiple objects.
- Other user suggestions.
"This is an excellent lighting tool and one that any product designer or illustrator will benefit greatly from. It brings Keyshot style lighting design to Blender, and I couldn't be more pleased."
- Steve Warner
Why Lighting is Important
“I can’t tell you how many demo reels I’ve reviewed where the artist’s models are beautiful, but the lighting is flat, unrealistic, and uninteresting—essentially an afterthought.” –Jeremy Vicker, Lighting Technical Director, Pixar (spoken in a Gnomon Workshop Tutorial).
You put a lot of effort in creating models, materials and shaders only to discover that the simple light setup you know to use doesn't look great. It lacks something that sets it apart from thousand others sterile looking renders.
That something is lighting creativity! It imbues your render with emotion and style which will capture your audience and help create award winning 3D art.
Where do I find the documentation?Watch the presentation video.
What's included in the purchase?
Every purchase comes with an addon license and 6 months of beta access.
How do I install the addon?
Move “HDR Editor for yourOS” folder to "addons" directory (should be blender- directory/.../2.8/scripts/addons/). For Mac: Go to the Blender folder, select the Blender app and then right click and select “Show Package Contents” to see the folders.
Why are you charging for beta access?
Beta access is for those that want to get the latest tested features without having to wait until we complete our roadmap for this plugin. It is also a way to show your support for it's creators, new features and faster development.
Do Blender 2.8 addon customers get beta access?
Yes, all customers who purchased the Blender 2.8 addon version, get 6 months of free beta access. In case you purchased the 1 Year beta access as well, your beta access will be extended by one more year.
When will the official release be ready for those that purchased the addon for Blender 2.78 and 2.79 version?
It will take a certain amount of time before the old version is updated to 2.8. Not all features might be ready upon first release. If you can't wait to try out all the new exciting improvements and features, the Beta Access Pass is available for purchase. If you have received a discount code to only get the beta access, the hours of tutoring are not included, unless otherwise agreed.