ABOUT THIS BOOK
Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), the technology that is behind flagship cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and many others in circulation today has continued to revolutionize the marketplace with novel applications being unveiled every day. Blockchain is one implementation of Distributed Ledger Technology. It is also referred to as an “Internet of value”, meaning a secure way to store and transact value—from currency, stocks, contracts and even votes—from one entity to another.
Blockchain for agriculture is one of the compelling use cases that is promising to simplify the process of growing and supplying food as its use in the agriculture supply chain can provide all involved parties with a single source of truth. This book aims to demystify this technology, provide some thoughts on the opportunities and challenges being presented and faced when implementing blockchain-based systems as well as document some real-life case studies on the use of blockchain for agriculture. This book starts with the technical foundations of blockchain technology, taking you through the fundamentals of distributed systems, cryptography and how the private and public sectors are harnessing the power of the blockchain for exponential growth.
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN THIS BOOK:
- The theoretical and technical foundations of blockchain technology.
- How blockchain is being used for problem-solving and innovation by both governments and organisations around the world.
- Identify and examine applications of blockchain technology.
- Opportunities and benefits of using blockchain technology in agriculture.
- Explore more than 20 examples of real-life startups and projects utilising blockchain to bring innovation into agriculture.
WHO IS THIS BOOK WRITTEN FOR:
- This book will appeal to those who wish to quickly learn about what the hype about blockchain technology is all about, how it can be used to solve problems within the agricultural sector as well as bring needed innovation to improve processes and output within the same sector.
- People who are both new or familiar with the concept of blockchain as it takes a simpler route in its explanations. Governments, schools, universities, colleges, non-governmental organisations, agriculture and startup financing funds, impact investors, startups, established companies, farmers, producers, innovators etc.
- Those interested in core agriculture activities such as farming, fishing, forestry, mining, manufacturing, energy production, construction, services such as government activities, communications, transportation, finance, and all other private economic activities will find this book extremely helpful.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.