* Eight real-life liveries for application upon the VSkyLabs ("VSL") Douglas C-47 Skytrain.
1. US Army Air Corps 40-0070 1939
2. Tinsley's N32B "Boss Bird" 1978
3. Tinsley's N132BB 1983
4. Pond's N132BP "Miss Angela" 1989
5. RDC Marine N14RD 1995
6. Wings over the Rockies N341A 2002
7. Legend Airways N341A 2003
8. Golden Age Air Tours N341A 2016
* These liveries were all worn by the same airframe with the manufacturer's serial number 2145. This aircraft is currently owned by Aerotechnics Aviation and operated as Golden Age Air Tours.
* Learn more about this unique airframe at: http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/AirframeDossier.php?Serial=23848
* These add-on liveries are for application upon the VSL Douglas C-47 Skytrain Flying Lab Project digital aircraft model version 2.79 for X-Plane 11. Obtain it from...
* Each exterior texture is customized to represent the subject livery as it appeared during targeted year.
* Likewise, several separate interior textures are designed to faithfully depict the aircraft's cabin space.
* As of version 2.79, passenger seat visibility is toggled in the simulator by clicking upon the equipment rack located aft of the co-pilot's position. Some SimSmith liveries intentionally do not display the equipment rack although the hot-spot is still in force (watch your pointer change as you move it).
* Proprietary normal/bump maps are included, implementing Physically Based Rendering ("PBR") when appropriate.
* Custom ski textures are also provided. Skis are activated in the simulator by a knobbed lever near the captain's left shoulder.
* Exclusive night-time textures (LITs) are provided, with guidance on their (optional) activation.
* An optional replacement for the spinning propeller texture (whose tip color is red by default), along with installation instructions.
* SimSmith expects to update this collection in the future to accommodate the two new model variants announced by VSL at:
* X-Plane 11's PBR generates real-time reflections for surfaces designated as bare metal. Realize that many liveries were not shiny at the point in time the subject livery represents.
* This livery's panel lines and rivets emulate the left-side passenger door applicable to this airframe, although the protruding cargo door hinges remain visible since they are defined via a shared texture region.
* Small exterior parts that may be visible on the default liveries (such as the roof antenna and wire) may be intentionally made invisible by SimSmith to represent the real aircraft's equipment.
* Some interior parts that may be visible on the default liveries (such as the overhead bins and fire extinguisher) may be intentionally made invisible.
* Visible jagged lines are never desirable in a livery, but can occur where the developer's texture mapping causes stretching or the texture region's resolution is too low.
* White gaps between matte and reflective areas are caused by PBR and their minimization is attempted.
1. X-Plane version 11
2. A legal copy of the VSkyLabs Douglas C-47 Skytrain model, which needs to be already installed into your X-Plane's aircraft repository
3. Adequate free storage space for the installation of this collection (about 269 MegaBytes)
4. Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move folders
5. Optionally, a text editor to revise select .obj files plus the full understanding that by applying the modifications mentioned, you waive any support from VSkyLabs, who has not authorized these edits
Instructions are provided with the included "_read me" text files.
* This package contains the original artwork of Robert W. Heyen d/b/a SimSmith and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, VSkyLabs or Laminar Research.
* Only you may use the graphic files including with this package on your own computer for your own personal entertainment.
* Any component or content of this package may not to be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from SimSmith.
* View the file named "the eula.txt" for details regarding the licensing agreement in affect.
* Please do not contact VSkyLabs or Laminar Research with questions regarding this SimSmith collection.
* Requests for help should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
* Contributions via https://simsmith.codes enables the production of future X-Plane add-ons.
* Purchases via https://store.x-plane.org/SimSmith_bymfg_117-0-1.html are the ultimate compliment.