Here's a collection of amazing new Procreate ink brushes, pigment pens, and marker brushes!
As part of my Inktober 2017 Brush Challenge, I created, tweaked, and optimized a brand-new series of different inking brushes, pens, and markers using the awesome new features of the latest Procreate 4 update.
45+ Ink Brushes for Procreate 4
- ASHLEY WOOD marker
- BARKS WET
- BARKS HARD
- BARKS SHARP
- BAS MARKER
- BLEEDING EDGE
- BOZO FLAT (NEW)
- BRUSHY INKER
- CRUDE INK
- EDGY INKER (NEW)
- ELDER SKETCHERMAN (based on my famous ELDER 3.0 pencil inker)
- ESTRAGON WET
- FANCY EVIL
- FAT EDDING
- FRANQUIN MARKER
- GEYSIR INK (NEW)
- HARD JAGGED
- HARD OVAL
- HARD ROUND
- HARD TRIANGLE
INK-A-LICIOUS (different versions incl. azimuth on/off)
KIRBY DARK MATTER
- JOE INKER
- KAFKA INK
- LAUREL BRUSH
- MANGA CHISEL
- MEGA INKER (in 6 different versions)
- NICE EDDY
- OLD PENTEL
- OLD TOWN (NEW)
- STRAY CAT
- SUMI-E CHISEL
- THAI INKER (NEW)
- WARREN INK
- BONUS Brush: BAS SCHEL NIMBUS 4000
During Oktober 2017, you'll get even more of my favorite Inktober brushes as regular free updates!
- [update OCT-07-2017] Added MANGA CHISEL and SUMI-E CHISEL brushes
- [update OCT-09-2017] Added BRUSHY INKER and SABLE brushes
- [update OCT-13-2017] Added FANCY EVIL brush
- [update OCT-17-2017] Added MEGA INKER P4.9 and P4.11 brushes
- [update OCT-20-2017] Added FRANQUIN MARKER brush
- [update OCT-21-2017] Added FAT EDDING brush
- [update OCT-23-2017] Added OLD PENTEL and HARD OVAL brush
- [update OCT-25-2017] Added BAS MARKER and KAFKA INK brush
- [update OCT-26-2017] Added ELDER SKETCHERMAN, HARD TRIANGLE, and HARD JAGGED brushes
- [update OCT-26-2017] Added BARKS HARD and BARKS SHARP brushes
[update OCT-30-2017] Added 6 new and updated ink brushes and marker
[update NOV-08-2017] Added 9 new brushes incl. 3 KIRBY KRACKLE & DOTS brushes
Tips & Tricks
- Check the FAQ and follow step-by-step tutorials for downloading and importing your new brush sets into Procreate.
- All brushes can also be used as eraser as well as smudge tool to achieve a consistent look & feel.
- Choose normal, glaze, and wet paint mode to use them as ink brushes, markers or paintbrushes. You can switch the brush render mode with three buttons in the "Dynamics" tab of the new Procreate 4 brush menu.
- Adjust the amount of "Bleed" (hard edges) in the "Pen" tab of the brush menu to fit your canvas size, resolution, and inking style.
- Remove grain or reduce jitter if you prefer a cleaner line art.
- Adjust the streamlining setting (stroke correction feature) to fit your style.
- Play with opacity, try out pressure, tilt and speed sensitivity to use the brushes to their full potential.
I hope you'll enjoy using the brushes as much as I enjoyed creating them for you!
Happy Inking! 😃
NOTE: The brushes are optimized for Procreate 4 (iOS App), but they also work with previous Procreate versions. A pressure sensitive stylus like Apple Pencil is recommended to take full advantage of the brushes, but not necessary.