I really want to begin cross-training for roller derby but I have no idea where to start.
I don't know what to do. Machines? Barbells? What?
The gym intimidates me.
I've heard it all. A lot. And, in fact, I used to be there. Hiding in my upstairs bedroom where my partner couldn't see me, following a workout video and hoping against hope that I was doing the movement even remotely correctly. (My shoulder pain said that I wasn't. 😬)
I eventually found my way with the help of a lot of bravado when I walked into the gym the first time. And a lot of Tiger Balm smeared on my shoulder.
IT WAS FINE.
Except it took me a long time to figure it out. Time I would have much rather spent skating or reading or knitting. (And I hate to knit.)
So I built Beginner Strength School with myself in mind. My younger, new to roller derby self. The self that walked into the free weights area and then immediately turned around and walked out.
But most specifically, the me that spend 2 years doing nothing physically active EXCEPT roller derby practice. The me that was frustrated that I didn’t seem to be getting better. The me that didn’t know what I didn’t know.
When I looked around, I realized that I wasn’t the only one that wasn’t training because I just wasn’t sure what to do. Everyone was a little unsure. A little intimidated. A little bit afraid.
So I took the long route, went to school for exercise science, became a certified personal trainer, and built the program that I wanted newer skaters that were interested in strength training to have. This program.
THERE IS A PART OF YOU THAT WANTS TO START CROSS-TRAINING.
That wants to get into the gym. That wants to know what all the fuss is about. The part of you that wonders, maybe, if being stronger could help you skate better.
Beginner Strength School is for you if you’ve been wanting to get into strength training but just didn’t know where to start.
• You want to train a little bit differently than you currently are.
• You want to learn how to increase the resistance you’re using so that you can hold your space on the track.
• You want to get stronger. A lot stronger.
Maybe you've done your bodyweight training, but realized that you want more.
YOU WANT TO LIFT WEIGHTS.
• You just don't want to go it alone.
• You want accountability and support.
• You need coaching.
• You want a solid program to follow that teaches you the basics movement patterns to use when you cross-train.
• You want to end the year with the confidence to walk into the free weight section at any gym and get your training day done.
YOU WANT TO START YOUR NEXT SEASON OFF RIGHT.
Beginner Strength School is all that and more.
This is the program I would have gift-wrapped and handed to myself the second I considered putting skates on my feet. And that’s why I’m excited to share it with you!
WHAT BSS INCLUDES:
• Access to 4-weeks of done-for-you programming to build your strength (and confidence!) in the gym. ($59 value)
• Coaching videos for each movement in the strength training routines. ($59 value)
• The BSS specialized programming calendar to help you fit your training days in around practices, family events, and the holidays. ($19 value)
• A free copy of my Intelligent Cross-Training Blueprint! ($19 value)
HOW TO GET STARTED:
Pay what you want.
Choose the amount you'd like to pay forthe program and then pay it. No amount is too low, I just want you to have access. Your payment will be private.
Once your payment processes, you'll receive:
1) The Beginner Strength School manual. Read it through, it will tell you how to access the program as well as act as an orientation to the program. Sometimes it can feel like a new program expects you to hit the ground running (er... skating?) and the manual will help ease you into this.
2) The Intelligent Cross-Training Blueprint. This is for your perusal at a different time, no need to read it immediately. It covers a lot of details relevant to weight lifting, cross-training, and being an athlete.
THAT'S IT. Pick what you pay. Grab your copy. Let's get kraken. 🐙🦑
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
I'm so excited to work with you. Read through the Beginner Strength School manual (and follow the steps) to get set-up in the coaching group and start access to the training program. I can't wait to meet you!
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.