Has your school, like thousands of others, recently made the switch to G Suite for Education? Or are you planning to switch to G Suite for Education? If so, this is the course for you!
G Suite for Teachers is a course that was designed for teachers who are new to using the powerful the tools within G Suite for Education. In this course you’ll learn everything you need to know to feel comfortable using all of the core G Suite tools with your students. This course is more than just a series of “how to” videos. You’ll be provided with concrete examples of activities that you can use and adapt to use in your classroom.
G Suite for Teachers is an on-demand course. That means that you can start whenever you are ready. Once you start you will be emailed two lessons per week for five weeks. Each lesson contains a video (20-30 minutes long), a PDF outline to follow, and suggested activities to try with your students. And if you get stuck at any time, just hit reply on the email and I’ll be here to help you. You can stop, start, rewind, and re-watch the videos in each lesson as many times as you like.
- Streamlining your workflow through Google Classroom.
- Taking control of your inbox with Gmail hacks.
- Creating self-paced, self-grading assessments in Google Forms.
- Developing a classroom website with Google Sites.
- Organizing meetings with Google Calendar.
- Keeping track of bookmarks and notes with Google Keep.
- Making beautiful presentations in Google Slides.
- Creating guided reading activities in Google Docs.
About the instructor:
I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and all aspects of G Suite for Education with students since 2007. I became a Google Certified Teacher in 2009 and have since trained thousands of teachers on using G Suite for Education and other Google products in their classrooms. See more of my work at PracticalEdTech.com and FreeTech4Teachers.com
Default pacing for this course is two lessons per week. If you want to go faster than that, you can. If you want to go slower than that, you can. It's up to you.