These adorable Button Boats from Lazy Girl Designs are handy and beautiful. Tie the ends and bring to life to hold your favorite snacks, supplies, or other goodies. Untie to store flat.
Grab your favorite fabric layer cakes, fuse a little, cut a little, sew a little - and done! This Stiff Stuff craft project is quick, easy, and just a bit addicting!
Discover the unique properties of Stiff Stuff from Lazy Girl Designs: firm, flexible, sew-in interfacing with bounce back memory. Won't hold unintended folds, 100% polyester non-woven.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
- Straight Stitch, and Zig Zag Stitch Required.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
- Bottom is 6” x 3”, Stands nearly 3” tall
SUPPLIES: Makes one Button Boats
- Two 10” squares coordinating Fabric
- Two 10” squares Fusi-Bond Lite fusible web by Lazy Girl SLG101
- One 10” square Stiff Stuff Firm sew-in interfacing by Lazy Girl 10” squares SLG107SQ
- Four Buttons 5/8” or smaller
- 3/4 yard Floss, ribbon, or yarn for ties
- Template: 4” x 10” piece of Template plastic OR fuse Slicker Iron-On Vinyl (Lazy Girl SLG102) directly onto both sides of printed paper to ‘laminate’, then trim.
- Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric.
- Size 70/10 or 80/12 Universal or Microtex sewing machine needle.
- Erasable marking tool recommended.
- Follow manufacturers directions for fusibles. Press cloth optional when working with fusible interfacing.
- Transparent or invisible tape (such as Scotch brand) is handy.
- Fray Check liquid seam sealant for buttons.