Disclaimer: Below is the description found on the stereo version of 'Journey I'. However, there are 2 changes to the surround sound version:
- Red features a different therapy monochord, with half the strings tuned to C and the other half tuned to G. There was one microphone placed very close to the strings, picking up more of the overtones. This mic is circling slowly around the listener, not as fast as to make you nauseous, but enough to pull you even deeper into the sound.
- Yellow has been remixed (surround sound version only). It blends better into the sound field now and has a little more bass. If you'd like to hear the original mix as well, just send me an email; I'll send you a voucher to download it for free.
- 96kHz / 24 bit 5.1 Surround Sound FLAC
- 96kHz / 24 bit 2.0 Stereo FLAC
- 44.1kHz / 16 bit stereo FLAC
- 320kbs MP3
Water is the essence of all life. It nourishes us, it cleans us, but it can also create an abundance of sounds.
Each water sound has its own character, its own set of inherent emotions. To me this translates to colors very well, which is why each track is named after a color.
Blue: Rain has a longing, sometimes melancholic and always relaxing character. The piano picks up the blue mood in a flowing improvisation.
Green: A small creek flows through a forest filled with singing birds. There is a lot of hope and positivity in it, inspiring the acoustic guitar to communicate with the birds.
Red: The mountain stream carries a lot of energy. It is full of life and yet calm. The sound of the therapy monochord melts with it and becomes something else entirely.
Yellow: The ocean is wide and soothing and almost seems to whisper 'welcome home'. It is the confident playground for the PANArt Hang performance.
There are so many CDs with meditation music, healing music, music for relaxation. Why is there need for another?
My main goal with 'Journey I' was to create an album that would work on different levels. I use the water and forest sounds in sound therapy sessions and sometimes in Taijiquan lessons. There is something defocusing about nature sounds, that helps the listener relax and let go of common thought structures much quicker than with 'pure' meditation. But sometimes the mind needs something else to keep it occupied, something to help it get deeper and find new places. This is where the music comes into play.
I was living with these sounds for many months before they revealed to me what instrument to use and ultimately they inspired me to the performances you're about to hear.
I hope I succeeded in creating something that can help you relax, open your mind and heart and take you on a journey to wherever it is you'd like to go.
Enjoy, and surround yourself with music!
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.