Follow for updates on what Wade Sarver is creating.
While this report stresses backhaul because technically, it’s all backhaul. There are many aspects beyond backhaul. We have fronthaul and midhaul. I thought we should have an overhaul of the naming convention. It helps to understand what each one is.
One of the significant barriers to rolling out wireless sites has been the backhaul. You would think that fiber is everywhere, but when it comes to connecting to fiber, it can run into some money. When deploying with fiber and attaching to a pole or remote location, it’s not cheap. (Small cells are commonly put on poles along the street.) If there is not existing fiber nearby, it cost a lot of money. If the fiber at a location is maxed out, then it costs a lot of money. See the pattern?
Also, if you need a lot of bandwidth, fiber costs a lot of money each month. So, the CapEx of the installation could be expensive as well as the OpEx of usage every month.
Here is a sample of the table of contents:
The Mobility Backhaul Report
· The Overhaul of all the Hauls!
· What is Backhaul?
· What is Midhaul?
· What is Fronthaul?
· Do these connections have to be Fiber?
· Fiber overview:
· Reoccurring fees:
· Who benefits from the fiber growth?
· Wireless overview:
· Spectrum for 5G Fixed Wireless
· System distinctions:
· Costs in wireless:
· What is Fixed Wireless?
· Fixed Wireless Overview
· Who will provide broadband?
· Why does Fixed Wireless Matter for City Growth?
· Fixed Wireless could be a key to Growth for Urban and Sub Urban areas.
· Unseen Costs of Deploying Fiber and Wireless
· The rise of Site Acquisition
· Wireless Costs
· Before you mount anything:
· Drawbacks of Running Fiber
· No matter what you deploy:
· Rent Applies to Everything
· Summary of costs:
· Broadband Initiatives for Cities
· Not all Deployments are a Success!
· Smart City Investment
· Who buys broadband, really?
· Pricing matters!
· When Incumbents fight Back!
· What about Wi-Fi?
· Some States Prohibit Public Networks!
· City Strategies for a Broadband Initiative
· What will the future hold?
· Acronyms and Definitions
Sorry, this item is not available in your location.
Sold out, please go back and pick another option.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app