Local TV groups exist to provide engaging programming that connects audiences to advertisers. The broadcast infrastructure has served the industry well from NTSC to ATSC 1.0, and is now headed into ATSC 3.0. But the fact is local TV audiences want their content across a range of distribution platforms and devices. Is it heresy or brilliant for local TV broadcasters to consider OTT/CTV as the "nextgen" MVPD platform? The beauty of OTT/CTV is that every platform and device audiences use to access local TV programming became just another bridge to join audiences and advertisers. The business ecosystem and monetization models in OTT/CTV differ from the OTA (over-the-air) local TV model, but local broadcasters need to light this candle at both ends to be relevant and successful in the market. Panelists include:
• Rick Ducey, Managing Director, BIA Advisory Services (Moderator)
• Randa Minkarah, Co-Founder and COO, Transform, Inc.
• James Moore, CRO, Simpli.fi
• Brian Wallach, CRO, FreeWheel
• Adam Ware, General Manager, Sinclair Broadcast Group/STIRR