Summer is shaped like a bowling ball bag, creating a roomy interior without being big! Inside and outside pockets, zip top and smart handles that never tire.
No Batting needed. Summer is constructed of two fabrics fused together to create a canvas-like material that gives her wonderful body and posture. Don’t be afraid of the zipper! Install any standard zipper using our ‘Zip-Tastic’ technique.
Basic sewing skills: straight stitch, zig zag stitch and 1/4” seam are used in this project. No quilting required.
Finished size: 12” x 11” x 6”
Fabrics 1/2 yd - Cover (*See notes below)
- Lining 1/2 yd
- Outside Pockets and Handles 2/3 yd
- Inside Pockets and Sleeve for Bag-E-Bottom 1/2 yd
- Fusible Web 2 pieces at 20” x 16” (Steam-A-Seam 2 recommended)
- Zipper 18” (or longer) Polyester (no metal teeth)
- Bag Support Bag-E-Bottom Size D (item LGD503)
- Zipper Pull 8-12” of 1/8”-1/4” grosgrain ribbon and beads to make a decorative zipper pull
- Optional 12” strip of cording, or any scrap batting, yarn, or extra fabric, to stuff the middle part of the handles for comfort.
- Presser Feet Even-feed or walking foot
- Zipper foot or 1/4” presser foot
- Standard presser foot
- Machine Needle Size 80/12 or 90/14 sewing machine needle