In this recorded workshop and workbook, you learn how to write a memoir, biography, or true story based on multiple sources quickly. To get this resource, just click I Want This, provide payment information, then open the confirmation email and click View Product or Download to get the resources.
Topics addressed in this workshop:
- Why people create memoirs, biographies, and true life stories
- When these works have significant market value
- Why being the one to capture the story is important
- What makes for an interesting memoir or biography
- Types of memoirs, biographies, and true life stories
- Creating the structure of the story you are going to capture
- Understanding the importance of themes and through lines to a satisfying read
- The questions you will ask and answer as you write your work
- Techniques for writing very quickly: Interview, Correspondence, or Just the Facts
- Creating the first rough draft
- Creating the final draft
- Images and other resources
- Registering your work at the copyright office so it can be published, sold, or licensed
Immediately after order you get:
- Video that covers how to writer Memoirs, Biographies and True Stories
- Printable Workbook covering How to Write a Memoir, Biography, or True Story Swiftly which includes important links to tools and resources.
- Video covering Legal Issues Involved in Telling True Stories featuring Attorney Justin Sterling
- Printable Lecture Notes: Reviewing Legal Issues Swiftly Capturing, Protecting & Selling True Life Stories
- Video Covering Intellectual Property Right Fundamentals You Need to Know Before You Sell or Self Publish Your Work
- Printable Primer with Important Links Covering Intellectual Property Right Fundamentals
Additional Resources Included: In addition to the video and workbook for the event, you also receive a video and workbook covering intellectual property right fundamentals and a video featuring Attorney Justin Sterling about legal issues involved in telling true life stories.
Tip: Many of today’s most profitable books and films are based on true stories. If you are a producer, being the one to write a biography or true story can significantly increase the value of life rights you elect to buy.
If you have questions before, during, or after purchase please email email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Some of the 50+ Testimonials on Alignable
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
“I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.