In this workbook and set of videos you get in-depth instruction on how to write, protect, and sell your screenplays. You'll find this useful if you are a new screenwriter, a novel writer or playwright who wants to start writing screenplays, or a filmmaker who needs to be able to create, edit, and commission and buy screenplays for your projects.
If you have been looking for a fast, friendly, easy way to master the business of professional screenwriting, and want practical advice how to sell your screenplay after you write it, you'll find this a useful in-depth workshop. If you are a producer who wants to write a screenplay, or hire screenwriters, you'll find this a critical resource as well.
To get these resources just click I Want This, then provide the requested information, Check your email and click the View Content link for access to all resources. Bookmark the page to return to it at any time.
- Where to get full-bore screenwriting software (Celtx & More) for free and cheap and why it's important that you use screenwriting software to create your scripts.
- An introduction to the premium screenwriting software in the world used by the studios, Final Draft.
- Screenplay formatting rules and why they are critical in both writing and selling your screenplay.
- Special steps you may need to take if you are telling "true stories" even if they are about yourself.
- When, why, and how to register your screenplay and why this is required prior to showing it to others.
- Multiple ways to vet your screenplay to make sure it's ready to sell.
- Writing partnerships and what must be in place to make your work sellable.
- Working with ghostwriters and script doctors.
- Sites you can use to pitch and sell screenplays worldwide and issues involved in using them.
- What agents and managers require in order to represent you.
- Where to find and how to pitch agents and managers who actually sell screenplays effectively
- How to pitch producers directly without going through agents and managers and why what's a brand new thing.
- What makes your work valuable to producers.
- A writers role in the screenwriting process.
- How to do due diligence and avoid getting scammed.
- An overview of working with ghostwriters and attorneys with interviews featuring industry pros.
Videos that address Celtx, Final Draft, and screenplay fundamentals along with workbooks filled with useful links and suggestions.
Video that covers the legal issues involved in telling true stories led by Attorney Justin Sterling.
Video that addresses professional screenplay coverage and why it's important for professional screenwriters. Hint: Before a producer works on your script or an agent hands it to name talent, they'll give it to professional readers. If you can't get by the readers, you have a real problem.
Video and Written primer on intellectual property right fundamentals every screenwriter and filmmaker needs to understand. Screenwriters sell intellectual property to producers. You need to know who owns your work if you accept notes on it, if you have a co-writer working with you, if a producer doesn't pay, how to protect your rights, how to sue producers who use your work without permission.
Video and Workbook on due diligence and how to check out writers and producers before you work with them. Hollywood is filled with scammers and ripoff artists. They pray on the ill-informed and willfully ignorant. Before you work with anyone you need to know who they are. This covers how to find out.
Video and Workbook on How to Actually Get Paid on Back End Deals. Hollywood is filled with producers who offer to pay writers on the back end. Want to actually get paid? This is how.
Interview with Lit Agent and Attorney Paul Levine. Paul discusses copyright, true stories, and why writing a book might be smarter than writing a screenplay.
Interview with Entertainment Dinah Perez. Dinah addresses how she helps writers negotiate deals with producers in Hollywood.
Interview with Scott Hadley Script Doctor and Ghost Writer: Scott Hadley addresses what script doctors do, what ghost writers do, and why there's a difference.
Interview with Jonathan Harris Ghost Writer. Jonathan discusses how he works with writers.
Note, our VIP Members get access to this workshop and 100+ videos, workbooks, and live events as part of their annual subscription. To learn more about becoming a VIP Member visit https://gumroad.com/l/tyQs/1x33v
Testimonials | Endorsements | Reviews
Dr Rebecca Roy, PhD
"Nancy is a consummate professional, highly creative and very generous of her time and herself."
Paul S Levine Attorney At Law & Literary Agent
"The best at running networking and educational events!"
50+ More at Alignable: http://bit.ly/endorsements1
100s more 5-star Reviews on Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Creative-Express-for-Writers-Screenwriters-Filmmakers/ | https://www.meetup.com/Msic-and-Film-TV/ | https://www.meetup.com/SantaMonicaWritersGroup/
More on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/nancyfulton
No Refunds because all content is delivered immediately after order.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.