This set of slides reviews the work of Lakoff, Jung, Bernays, Erickson. It reviews:
- Why every decision to buy or act is triggered by emotion rather than rational thinking.
- Why some people really do experience "love at first sight" or feel instant identification with an actor, a character, a politician
- Exactly how symbols and rituals reach past cognitive defenses
- What a "trance" or subjective state is and how to create one in story, a script, a film.
- Specific techniques for individual and mass persuasion
- Why the "facts" almost never matter even when everyone agrees on them
- How to frame ideas and tailor your work so it becomes more influential.
You will find this information useful if:
- You want to be able to take people on mental and emotional journeys they will find meaningful.
- You are looking for ways to make your work more effective at helping people
- You wonder how charismatic politicians and cult leaders can persuade people to do things entirely against their best interests.
- You have always wondered why some stories and films pack a wallop and others simply don't.
Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico