Be the best lead software developer you can be. Learn best practices for being a great lead software developer. Every software developer at some point will have the opportunity to become a lead software developer. Definitions of what exactly a lead software developer is are different, but in this book I will provide you with best practices and tools to be the best lead developer you can be. For yourself, your peers and the business leaders you are working with.
On a number of topical areas I will go into details about the lessons I learned when growing into my role as a lead software developer. Everybody's environment is different, but I think there is something useful in this book for everyone.
The book will be available in PDF, Mobi and ePub format.
After the initial publication I plan on releasing updated versions of the book based on the feedback I receive and additional experience I have gained on the subject matter.
Here is a preliminary overview of the contents of the book.
- Why did I write this book / Who this book is for / Who am I?
- Book format
- What is a Lead Software Developer
- What about a senior software developer?
- Should you want to be a Lead Software Developer
- Keep tabs on your peers and surroundings
- Stay on the lookout for suitable training
- Regular knowledge sharing sessions
- Supporting the work of others
- Onboarding new team members
- Pair programming
- Fighting for technical progress
- Scheduling your time
- On being reliable
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.