The Lean Analytics Backchannel is where data-driven entrepreneurs can go beyond the fundamentals of the bestselling book Lean Analytics.
Hosted personally by Alistair and Ben, it’s a private community that brings together founders, funders, and battle-hardened executives.
What you’ll get
On a regular basis, Alistair and Ben will:
- Run Q&A events where they unpack startup case studies through live business model development.
- Share new content, case studies, articles, and benchmarks
- Interview best-in-class data scientists, analytics practitioners, investors, and growth engineers
- Conduct weekly public consulting sessions in plain view of the community.
Members will also get:
- Exclusive access to new slides, decks, diagrams, and more
- Discounts to relevant startup events
- A weekly newsletter summarizing the best in startup and analytics content
- A shared table of the latest baselines and metrics from across the Web
Why we’re doing this
Since we wrote Lean Analytics three years ago, we’ve been thrilled to see how far it’s travelled. It’s been translated into many languages, and we’ve presented its content on six continents. And whenever we speak, we meet founders who wish they could dig deeper.
At the same time, entrepreneurship best practices and the benchmarks of a healthy startup are constantly shifting. Angels are the new VCs; global corporations are running their own innovation labs. New platforms, from the Internet of Things to Augmented Reality, demand their own metrics and analytical strategies.
With this in mind, we think the best way to advance the state of Lean Analytics is to do it together. Our goal is to improve the industry’s experience and understanding of how to leverage data and Lean principles in both startups and large organizations. While we’ll be active participants in the community, we also believe that the community will grow and foster itself; with people actively sharing and learning from what they’re doing, what’s working, and what’s not.
So how do we get started?
In true Lean Analytics fashion, we're launching a pre-order campaign in order to gauge interest. If we get enough people willing to subscribe by our early April deadline, we'll launch the Backchannel using a combination of Slack, Google docs and probably a few other tools. This approach is our way of de-risking the riskiest part of this effort—will people pay—up front. So here goes!
We're excited about the Lean Analytics Backchannel. We hope you'll join us. If you don’t want to, or think this is a horrible idea, please let us know. After all, the goal is to learn.