I learned to program and do deep learning using online resources. Most of my income over the last two years has come from deep learning roles. How did I do it? What did I learn along the way?
Maybe you are on Twitter. Or maybe you are part of the fast.ai community or participate in Kaggle competitions.
You may have noticed that some individuals seem to learn very fast, hacking on project after project.
I have spent the last couple of years studying how they do it. In this book, I share everything that I learned.
Think about the next three years of your life. How differently would they unfold if you could move 5% or 20% quicker? What if you 3x or 4x the speed at which you learn?
No superhuman effort is required. In fact, in many cases, overexerting yourself is counterproductive to your long-term progress. However, the way we go about things—the mental models we operate under—can make a world of difference.
That is what this book is about.
I share the introduction to the book here. In it, I outline why I feel qualified to speak to the above.
From this book, among other things, you'll learn:
- how to learn machine learning efficiently
- the proven strategies to improve as a developer
- how to approach the tools you use for work and why it matters
- how to reason about the hardware you use for best results and to make sure you invest your time where it's worthwhile
- what makes sharing your work so powerful
- one way to reason about finding a mentor
- how to keep in touch with the deep learning community and stay up to date with trends in research for the least amount of work
- an effective way to become employable without a formal background (tailored to the digital age we live in now)
- how to build a habit and why the path of little resistance is the way to go
- one way to find the energy to do deep learning
All of the above is based on my experience. I cover the ideas and strategies that worked best for me, out of many that I tried.
When will the book be released?
I set a tentative release date of the 20th of June, 2021, though this is likely to change. I am actively working on adding new material and I am not sure how long the process will take. If you would like to stay in touch, you can connect with me on Twitter, where I share regular updates on progress and related information.
Upon release, the price will increase to $25.
If you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase, or if it's not what you were expecting, just reply to the download email within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.