Sweetpeas hold your treasures like peas in a pod. Pods zip closed for secure storage and open wide for easy access. Great for stowing little things or tucking into small spaces.
With Lazy Girl's One-Zip technique, cut your zipper to pieces, sew one side in straight and flat, then use Joan's easy Pull-On trick to put the zipper pull back on to make this precious pod.
If you like this design, try our Becca Bags, too!If you've made our Bendy Bag pattern, the triangle leftovers are ready to go and can be used to make two Sweetpeas - sweet!BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY Straight Stitch, and Zig Zag Stitch Required. An even-feed or walking foot may be helpful. This project is designed to be made using 100% quilting cottons. Rotary cut project, no pattern pieces provided. Note: Materials listed make two Sweetpea Pods.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS Approximate size: 3" x 6"
- Seam at the zipper is finished and features my Faux Piping technique for a beautiful finish.
- Exposed seams on lining are trimmed and finished with tight zigzag stitch.
- Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric.
- The Sweetpea Pods pattern is in PDF format and is 5 pages of cover/instruction.
- Full color photo instructions.
- This is a rotary cut design, no pattern pieces provided.
IMPORTANT ZIPPER NOTES
- The One-Zip technique works with polyester, All-purpose, basic apparel zippers (size #3 or #4.5) by YKK, Coats & Clark, or Talon brands.
- All zipper tape and pulls must be by the same manufacturer to work together. Example: only use YKK pulls with YKK zips. Some Coats & Clark zips are actually by Talon and will say so on the zipper package.
- The One-Zip technique does not work with metal or sport weight zippers.
- Test zips and pulls to make sure they work together before installation.